Monday, January 25, 2010

30 Pet Portraits in 60 Days


Minnie-Me is a cat that belonged to a friend. It's a 9 x 12 inch acrylic on canvas painting. I worked from the photo to make this painting.
I became inspired to do the above painting after reading Carol Nelson's blog who is a gifted artist. If you haven't seen her work, please try to check it out. Carol is doing a project called a 100 portraits in a 100 days.
So now I'm thinking that I would like to do a similar project with pets. I think a less daunting task of 30 portraits in 60 days. I want to give myself space to allow for family obligations. I would need a close up similar to the one in the photo above. It's an understanding that anyone submitting a photo by doing so is giving me permission to use it in the artwork. Further, I have permission to post the finished pieces on my blog, websites, etc.
There is no obligation to purchase as this is an exercise to help me as an artist to improve in my skills. It's understood that I will choose from the photo's submitted and there's no guarantee the image will be used in the project. I will make the finished 9 x 12 unframed canvas pieces available for sale at $75.00 each. I will use a similar system that each piece will have a number and the name of the pet. I.e., Petey-1, Rexy-2, etc.
Please provide only a close up of the face of your pet. One pet only in the image. I would like to begin the project on February 1st. Photo images of good quality, 300 dpi and up to 600 pixels on either height or width. Forward to SunfluerDesigns@Yahoo.com
I'm excited about this project and hope to receive many submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs