Monday, May 24, 2010

Moon Portrait In Progress Day 2

I have a very small space to work in.  One day, I will take a picture of it to show you.  Basically, I converted a small bedroom into a studio space.  The space is limited so I tend to work on one project at a time depending on the size of the piece.  In one regard, it’s good because there are less distractions.  I have to focus on the one piece instead of thinking about many projects simultaneously.  This is not to say, I’m not considering other projects – I am.  When I work on one project at a time, it allows me to temporarily push other projects on to the back burner.

Yesterday, I put a few hours into my Moon portrait painting.  I have to juggle my time and decide should I vacuum or paint.  Painting is far more interesting and fun so the vacuuming will just have to wait for another day.  Oh, well life does go on.

I added more background and working on building up the layers of colors.  More definition has been added to the face and body.  I started working on his collar.  We use an invisible fencing system for our dogs so that is the box you see on the collar.

Moon is a Lab.  We got him through pet finder when he was a pup.  He is far from show quality but we love him.  He is a companion dog and truly lives up to those expectations.  He only weighs about 50 lbs which isn’t large for his breed.  His muzzle is shorter than typical and his lips are not as “droopy”.  He has a little slack in the lips so I’m working on bringing it out more.  I have a ways to go in the details of his markings.  I am taking my time.

MoonInProgressIf you look at the previous post, you can see the progression in the work.  Be sure to check back for the next upload of this work and other posts.  BTW:  while you’re here, be sure to check out my featured artist page.

The next time you stop by this work may or may not be finished depending on how much time I can manage by “shirking” my other responsibilities.  Just kidding but you know what I mean.  It’s a trade off when there are just so many hours in the day.  And, I much rather be creating but sometimes I must tidy up the place, shop for food, pick up kids from school, pay bills, feed the critters and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs