Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stella The Pug

StellaPug3 Stella is the thirteenth painting in my pet portrait series.  The painting is done in acrylic on 9 x 11 canvas.  She has such a beseeching look on her face as if to say, “just one more treat, please”.

Getting the colors in her coat just right, was a little tricky for me.  Since I do not work from an established palette, I had to play around with mixing a combination of colors, i.e.,  burnt umber, yellow ochre, burnt sienna and titanium white on my palette.  I enjoy the experimentation and seeing the colors I can come up with in the paints.

I’m working toward painting on a daily basis.  There is some frustration because the day to day family obligations must be met.  I need a clear head to approach the creative process hence too many distractions does not a painting make or something like that.  :)  It’s always a good feeling and almost a relief when I can finally get down on paper or canvas the idea floating around in my head.  It’s a release because the creative energy is pent up.  I think many artists feel in a similar way.  I would love to hear thoughts on this subject.  The desire to create but other things, life so speak getting in the way.  How does it effect your creative flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs