Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cows in the Field

Living in the countryside of upstate New York lends itself to beautiful rolling hills and lots of farms.  I’m now on a mission to collect photos of farm animals for future art projects.  While I need to run errands anyway, I might as well make good creative use of my time and multi-task.  Although it was a drizzly sort of day today, I did manage to engage a small herd of cows in the field.  They were resting near the fence which was very fortunate for me.  It is not often I see cows up close.  They are usually seen out in the middle of the pasture.  I must say, they were just a little scared of my approach but then became curious.  I was careful to move slowly near the fence so they wouldn’t back off.  My goal was to capture a few good study photos for my work.  The last thing I wanted was to see them turn tail and run.  Without further ado, here are a few of today’s photos:

Cow9 As if to say, we’re feeling a bit camera shy.

Cow16A Ok, I think we can handle this.

Cow11 There is definitely safety in numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs