Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meaningful Gifts For Mom

Before you know it, Mother's Day will be here.  Are you prepared to give the mom in your life a special gift that shows how much you care?

I think all moms deserve to be treated special on Mother's Day.  I think mom's through adoption would love a special something that speaks directly to them and their experieince.  Being a parent through adoption suggests a special connection.  I know because I am one.



Adoptive moms have jumped through hoops and filled out a dossier of forms.  We have endured fingerprinting, background checks and home studies to determine our fitness to parent.  Many of us have made huge financial and sometimes personal sacrifices to realize the dream of parenting.  Back in 1999, when I became a first time mom, I wanted something special, a symbol to show how proud I am to be an adoptive parent.  I couldn't find it online or elsewhere.  I decided to create a piece of handcrafted jewelry that expressed what I was feeling and that was and is the "Adoption Is Love" bracelet.  After the creation of that piece, I went on to making other designs to represent adoption from different countries.  My daughter was born in China so finding symbols to celebrate our special connection was easy for me. 



Although my adoption designs have been well received by the adoption community, some are more favored than others.  The Mama Chinese Character Necklace in sterling silver is a favorite for mom's with children from China.  I must admit that although I made this necklace with the China adoption mom in mind, it's a beautiful symbolic piece for all moms.

I love being creative and welcome custom orders.  If you see a design on my website and would like it personalized to represent something meaningful for you, please do not hesitate to inquire.  I will do my best to make a special gift for you or someone on your shopping list.

Your commets are welcomed on my blog.  I would love to hear your thoughts about the blog content, any of my art creations and/or what you would like to see on it.  If you have suggestions for jewelry designs, I would love to read about those also.

As always, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.  It means a lot to me.


www.OffTheCuffArt.com
www.BarbaraGiordanoArt.Etsy.com
www.SunfluersJewelryDesigns.com
www.Zazzle.com/Sunfluer
http://SunfluerDesigns.Imagekind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs