Monday, December 27, 2010

Sunny Sunflowers

I love Sunflowers.  It was the first flowers my husband gave to me when we were dating.  The name of my jewelry website, Sunfluer’s Jewelry Designs is inspired by these cheerful flowers.  Funny thing is that although I’ve used lots of different subjects in my fine artworks, I haven’t taken much time to bring one of my favorite flowers into the work.

I created a Sunflower drawing with color pencils.  Using various shades of yellows, browns and greens, I created this new work with layers of colors.  Just like painting, I build the colors up by layering color upon color and blending.  Although this is a small work, 9 x 7 inches, it took hours to make.  I find I like working small and spending time on the details.

This piece was created with Zazzle products in mind.  It is a good subject for many of the products.  You can find this lovely image on necklace pendants, cups, hats, greeting cards, etc., at my Zazzle store.

SunflowerBouquet2

"Never look directly at the sun. Instead, look at the sunflower."  ~  Vera Nazarian ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs