Saturday, January 8, 2011

Partnering For Charitable Causes

Recently I was contacted by a member from the FCC-Austin, TX chapter (Families With Children From China) requesting a donation of an adoption jewelry design for their upcoming Chinese New Year celebration and silent auction.  Proceeds from their fund raiser will go to various charitable organizations involved in improving the lives of children living in welfare homes in China.  My daughter was born in China and lived in the Yibin welfare home when she was an infant.  Due to the kindness of strangers, lives of children living in orphanages around the world are greatly improved.  I have agreed to partner with their cause by offering the Family Chinese Symbol sterling silver necklace for their fund raising effort.

The auction will take place on  January 22, 2011  at the Covington Middle School, 3700 Convict Hill Road, Austin, TX 78749

As a pledge, my business, Sunfluer's Jewelry Designs will donate 90% from the total proceeds from the sale of the necklace design.  The proeeds will go directly to the Half The Sky Foundation.

I am very happy to have a part in their effort of raising funds to help improve the lives of those less fortunate.  Although my business is small, I give what I can, when I can. 

"I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."  ~Edward Everett Hale ~

www.OffTheCuffArt.com
www.BarbaraGiordanoArt.Etsy.com
www.SunfluersJewelryDesigns.com
www.Zazzle.com/Sunfluer
www.Zazzle.com/Dogs4U
http://SunfluerDesigns.Imagekind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs