Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pencil Drawing

I did this pencil drawing of my son back in 2005 when he was 3 years old. We were sitting in a restaurant, and the inspiration hit me to give it a try. I was just starting to teach myself to draw so I'm happy with the result. Using the image in my photoshop, I created a framed border for the art work.
Don't ask me how I do this because I don't know exactly how to explain it. When I was in junior high school, a teacher thought I had an aptitude for creating art. I pretty much dismissed the whole idea not appreciating her observation. My mother tried to convince me in a small way to take an artistic path but that fell on deaf ears also. I guess my inspiration to draw and paint artwork springs from creating jewelry. It gave me the confidence to begin. Being creative is very much a part of who I am as a person. I'm finally able to appreciate this part of myself. It's only taken 30 plus years to arrive where I am right now artistically.

A photo of my son recently taken with our pup, Sirius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs