Sunday, June 3, 2012

Eye Read

The graphic design course I'm studying is progressing at a steady pace.  I'm managing to complete a project a week.   I've gone through Photoshop, Illustrator and currently working in InDesign.  All of these are within the Adobe suite.  I love Illustrator due to the ease at which I can manipulate objects.  I work however, interchangeably within the entire suite.  Although still in a learning curve, I've acquired quite a bit of knowledge in a relatively short time.  It takes my work to an all new level.

I continue to practice my drawing skills using the traditional pencil and paper approach.  I love working with pencils and the level of control, detail I can achieve with the medium.  Yesterday, I got an idea to create a piece that represents love for reading.  I read every single day.  Life would be far less interesting without my books and access to doing research.

The piece started out with a pencil drawing of 'my' eye.  Yes, I used my own eye as a model.  I took a close up image of my eye using my cellphone.  Using the photo as reference, I created an 'eye' drawing.

Hello - I see you.  I worked with 2B, 4B, 7B, 8B, 9B pencils to create this drawing.

Using my Photoshop app, I flipped the image to create a "left" eye.  This function is basic but fun to do nonetheless.

I opened the Illustrator app to create the typography elements for the artwork.  Putting it all together, is a piece expressing an interest in reading.


"Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books."  ~ Bell Hooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs