Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fruit Salad

One holiday observation I find to be very interesting is Día de los Muertos, Day of the Dead.  This day of remembrance honoring ancestors, dearly departed and friends is celebrated throughout Mexico.  It is also celebrated in various ways around the world often known as All Saints Day or All Souls Day.


The artwork depicting Dia de los Muertos often uses skulls designed in many colorful expressions.  I've been working on a graphical representation as a way to practice new acquired skills through the Graphic Design course I'm currently pursuing.  I wanted something very colorful with images of flowers surrounding the skull.


Hey there!  You can call me "Fruit Salad".


Fruit Salad as I've decidedly refer to it, was created using Illustrator and InDesign.  Working with a variety of shapes, colors and layering techniques, I was able to generate this festive skull.  Instead of coins on the eyes for the ferryman, I used flowers.  Hopefully, Charon will accept it as payment for safe crossing to the other side.  ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs