Friday, September 26, 2008

Rosebud Original Oil on Canvas

We started to raise chickens this year and we got them as day old chicks. If you've never had the pleasure of being around chickens, I must tell you, they are so sweet and amusing to watch. I have a flock of 14 hens and probably got a little carried away in having so many to start out.

The combs are just starting to come out and I'm not sure yet what the shape of the comb will be once fully grown.

I finally got motivated to take my hand to working with oil paints for the first time. Above is a chicken portrait I titled "rosebud" because of the shape of the comb.

I'm now hooked on oil paints. I can see why many artists enjoy working with the medium. I don't know why I was so hesitant but I'm glad I finally took the leap.

It's a 12x16 oil painting on canvas.







OffTheCuffArt.com
BarbaraGiordanoArt.Etsy.com
SunfluersJewelryDesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs