Sunday, September 12, 2010

Simply Marilyn

Here is another rendering of Marilyn Monroe.  There is no doubt she was an incredibly handsome woman.  She had dreamy eyes not easy to ignore.  I was working on capturing the “come hither” look Marilyn personified with ease.

Marilyn1

Although I signed the piece, I might continue working on it.  I’m not sure if I’m satisfied.  It is a challenge an artist must, at times come to terms with.  Sometimes, it’s best to quit and move on to the next project.  At any rate, I’m happy to produce this work.  My 12 year old daughter thinks I do faces well.  For me, it’s an exercise in my journey as a self taught artist.

Simply Marilyn is done in Prismacolor pencils on 5”x5” Bristol vellum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs