Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snowy Day



It's a snowy day here in the mid-hudson valley. We have a "clipper" snow storm in the region with approximately 6 inches of accumulation. The falling snow makes for a very pretty landscape. The view of the Berkshires are "socked in" so we're not able to see the foothills. Still, it's nice to see the snow falling in this tranquil, country setting.

I took a couple of photos this morning for friends of mine who live in warmer areas.

Our chickens are staying in their coop today. Guess the snow is just too much for them. In the photo, you can see one of the chickens at the doorway having a peak. I'm not sure if it's Henry, my rooster looking out although I wouldn't doubt it. We did hear him crowing it up first thing this morning when the snow was falling lightly.

Guess it's much safer indoors until the sky stops falling down! ;)




www.OffTheCuffArt.com
http://BarbaraGiordanoArt.Etsy.com
www.SunfluersJewelryDesigns.com

3 comments:

  1. Hey... This is really lovely. Seeing it merely makes me cold here. Wish you a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost makes me miss snow here in Florida. Almost. Not quite. But it is pretty and a nice memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs