Saturday, July 31, 2010

Un-Rest

“I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend?”  ~ Robert Redford ~

The oil crisis in the Gulf of Mexico is a horrible situation beyond measure.  It is a stain on humanity because what we do to ourselves, we also do to others.

There are times when social concerns motivate my artwork.  It is an emotional outlet for the sadness I feel for things in our society in which I have no control.  I can only do my small part in my day to day living.  And, let my thoughts on environmental concerns reflect through my artwork.

Un-Rest speaks to the disaster in the gulf.  If you have thoughts you would like to share, I welcome it here.

Pelican2aI have made this art available through my Imagekind shop

1 comment:

  1. My heart also cries seeing our environment slowly getting destructed. Like you, I can only do so much. I ain’t got any power or fame. Let alone my prayers do the work and well, I still believe that only when we unite for a common cause that we will be able to reach our goal- preserving the nature.
    Anyway, you’re really talented. I love how you did your art.

    May Your Day Be Lovely,
    The Muse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for pulling up to my blog and leaving your comments. It means a lot to me.

Namaste

Practical Artful Gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Endangered Species Artwork

My Dogs